Medical limitations

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hello blogging world! I thought I would explain why I haven't posted anything in the last few days. After I wrote in my post "Thorns and Snares" that I would commit to writing every day, I seem to have fallen a bit short. However, I do have good reasons and thought I would share them with you....

About 10 days ago I had a small cyst on the top of my head drained. No big procedure, no big deal really; until I went in for my follow-up this past Monday and they told me it would have to be drained again, that there was still a little bit of fluid left. Okay, round 2. On Thursday, we repeated the process. Although there are no complications, I've had to go in every day since and have it cleaned and pushed on. The clinic isn't even open on the weekends, but the head nurse is coming in just to see me. This constant activity on my head usually leaves me with a headache, and an overall lack of desire to do anything! Thus, my lack of writing.

Add to the fact that on Thursday (yes, the same Thursday I started round 2) my daughter fell of the balance beam at gymnastics and hurt her elbow. We went immediately to the clinic for a look. They didn't think it was fractured, but by Friday morning they were a little concerned and ordered x-rays anyway. Nothing showed up on the x-rays but they think she might have some internal swelling. We'll both be back at the clinic on Monday. I'm wondering, can I qualify for frequent visitor points there?

I'm not sure if this is testing by God or a scheme of the enemy. Either way, I know God will deliver me through this. Thanks for your understanding and patience....I'm sure I'll have something to share when it's all over!

3 People had something to say:

Susie said...

My goodness girl! I am so sorry to hear. I am praying right now for a quick recovery for both of you. Don't worry about your writing. Either way, God will use this for His glory...maybe another trial, another page in your next book. Get well wishes to you both! Sorry I missed your call! I was totally bummed. Did that just sound straight out of 80's, or what?

Susan said...

Trusting you are well on the mend and God is meeting your every need.

Susan said...

Hope you are okay. I'm concerned because you haven't posted in a number of days. Praying for you.