Strange, strange

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I know it's been a few weeks since I've blogged, and the obvious thing to write about would be what I've been up to during this time away. But I think the last 15 hours of my life would be more interesting to share with you. I'm not even sure interesting would be the right word - strange would be a better choice, I think.

So here it goes:

Monday, 4:00 pm - Abbey comes home crying because she lost her shoes. Normally this would be no big thing, except this is the 3rd pair of shoes she's lost in 3 weeks! Visit to the shoe store...

7:00 pm - Kayley boots up her laptop to finish her Humanities (Social Studies in U.S. terms) essay on the French Revolution. Thirty minutes later it still hasn't started. Needless to say, the computer has crashed and she can't retrieve the document that's due in the morning.

7:30 - 9:30 pm - All out search for the boot-up disks that came with the computer, with no luck.

9:45 pm - We look out at the beautiful field of snow covering our yard. I comment on how funny my car looks -- the front side passenger window is the only window that isn't covered in snow. My husband says it's the way the snow is blowing. Whatever you say, dear and we head to bed.

Sleeping hours - Strange noise, strange dreams. By 5:45 am, I couldn't take the noise anymore! Clint said it was simply the wind pushing the snow off the roof. It sounded like a mini-avalanche to me!!

Tuesday, 7:15 am - The mystery to my car window is revealed! Clint went out to scrape the snow off my car and discovered that BOTH the front driver side window and the front passenger side window were completely down!! How did that happen?? Clint drove my car yesterday, but when it's below freezing he doesn't drive around with the front windows down and then leave them down! Needless to say, my car was filled with snow!!

8:15 am - Sitting on two towels, trying to keep my rear dry, I drive to school to explain to the teacher why Kayley doesn't have her work. I realize on the way that Abbey doesn't have her lunch. Back home, back to school -- again. As I leave the school it starts pouring down rain, and I have no umbrella. So not only is my rear wet, so is my head!

It's 10 am as I write this and fortunately, nothing else strange has happened. Yet. Let's hope my next post is less problematic! Until then...blessings!

1 People had something to say:

Susie said...

Okay, this is the strangest thing I've heard in a while. How in the world could you experience all this in less than 24 hours? Good grief girl, things can only get better. Praying for you!