My quote collection

Monday, January 15, 2007

When I first entered the world of "blogging" I wasn't quite sure what I would say or write. I just knew that I wanted this forum to be an inspiration to others. Thinking about that, I thought I would share with you some of the things that inspire me. One of my greatest inspirations, other than the Bible, would be quotes. I love to collect quotes people have said or written, quotes that encourage me to propel forward, or quotes that change my thinking and attitudes. I thought that I might share some of my favorites with you here and hope that they have an impact on you as they did, and still do, with me.

" In order for a great people to do great things, they must not be bridled by timidity" - Discovery Shuttle astronaut, in the first shuttle launch after the Columbia disaster

" I have a job to do that is not very complicated, but is often very difficult. My task is to get a group of men to do what they don't want to do so that they can achieve the one thing they have wanted all their lives." - Tom Landry, famous football coach of the Dallas Cowboys

" What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" - Dr. Robert Schuller

"The thing that is really hard & really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." - Pulitzer prize winning journalist & author Anna Quindlen

"Success is found in much smaller portions than most people realize" - runner Michael Johnson, who spent 10 years trying to shave 2 seconds off his time.

" No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"We must remember the past but live in anticipation of the future" - Casper ten Boom, Corrie ten Boom's father

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - British statesman, Edmund Burke

This is only a short list....I will post more quotes on my next blog. Until then, be inspired!

1 People had something to say:

Susie said...

Anna Quindlen and Eleanor Roosevelt's are my favorites. They are both from women-Huhm? I love that you shared these, and I will have to show Skip the Landry quote.