God Said No

Saturday, June 14, 2008

God answers prayers with Yes, No and Wait. When He answers with a No, it always has a good reason to go with it. Unfortunately for me, when I receive that No, I stop at the No and don't take the time to listen to the reasons behind it. Usually frustration or anger at God builds up within me because I have no understanding of the why behind God's answer.

God, in His goodness, allowed me to receive an email one day that helped me change my perspective on His No answers and the importance of listening and understanding the reasons behind it. Maybe it can help you too.

God Said No

I asked God to take away my habit. God said No; it is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. God said, No; his spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience. God said No; patience is a byproduct of tribulations. It isn't granted, it's learned.

I asked God to give me happiness. God said, No; I give you blessings. Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain. God said, No; suffering draws you apart from worldly care and brings you closer to me.

I asked to make my spirit grow. God said, No; you must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life. God said, No; I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me. God said...Ahhh, finally you have the idea.

0 People had something to say: