Another year gone by

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's hard to believe but another year in China has passed us by. I think this year went faster than the first one, in part because I actually knew what to do this year! It's been a great year and now I'm ready to head back to the States for a few weeks of "normalcy".

We will leave China on July 4 and head to Lake Jackson & Houston first. After a week of catching up with friends and celebrating my niece's first birthday, we will head to Lubbock. Since Lubbock is our "base", it is the place where we take care of all our appointments -- dentist, eye doctor, hair stylist, etc. Although all of that is necessary, it doesn't always equate to fun! I'm sure we'll find ways to enjoy ourselves in-between all the appointments and of course, all the shopping! At the end of July Clint will join us and we'll head to San Antonio to visit with his family. I'm sure the 4 1/2 weeks will fly by and before we know it we'll be packing back up and heading off to China once again. I wish we could see everyone while we are home in the States, but it's just not possible this year. Maybe next summer??

As excited as we will be to head home to our own beds, our return to China will be short-lived as we will once again be relocating our family. The company has extended an invitation to Clint to be the technical expert in his field in their latest venture in Germany. Yes, we are moving to Europe for a few years! Although the company would like to have Clint in Germany yesterday, I am hoping to stay in China until December. I'm not sure if that is even a possibility, but we'll see. I am mixed with sorrow and excitement for our latest adventure, but I'm trusting God with wherever He places us and whatever He has planned for us there. Needless to say, our fall will be full of busy-ness!

It may be awhile before I'm able to post again, but I will try to blog when I can over the summer. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you in person, and for those of you who I can't visit, I'll be in touch soon. Have a wonderful summer and God bless you all.

Love,
Liana

3 People had something to say:

Terri Seaman said...

Liana,
Found your blog by way of Susie's blog. It was great to read some of your entries. Glad to hear you all are doing so well. I will definitely pray for your safe travels as they approach. We are well here, still in PA. Wanted to let you know that Trent's aunt and uncle live in Germany. Don't know where you will be living, but if you give me some info, i will be happy to link you up with his aunt on email. She is great and would love to help you out if she could. She travels Europe buying and selling antiques and has several horses on her property. She would be a wonderful resource. We are planning to visit her, but probably not until the summer of 2010. Let's catch up again sometime after your return to China. Peace to you all, Terri

Sohl Gal said...

Hi Liana! I'm Janel, and Susie's encouraged me to link up with you. My husband and I are living in Spain for a bit. I've enjoyed reading your blog, and would love to get to know you better, since we're in such similar situations. Hugs!

Brad Gregori said...

Clint and Liana,

I found your web site via April Atkinson. Sounds like everything is going well. Clint, I have an opening in our ESPN Fantasy Football League. We have several past and present members of BAF. It would be a hoot for you to join. I could draft your team. Cost is $55. Please email me at july51985@yahoo.com to tell me Yes or No.

Thanks and have a Great God Day.