Rethinking my thinking

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hello again friends -- so good to be back in the blogging world! We had a great time back in the States seeing our family and friends, but we are also glad to be back home. We needed to get back as we had no more luggage space left for anything else (we brought home 11 suitcases full of goodies)!

It is weird though, coming back to a place you know you will be leaving in a few short months. Most of you know that we are scheduled to leave for Germany by the end of the year. That leaves 4 months in China to do all the things I didn't do in the first 2 years. When I thought about how little time that was, my mind began thinking: So what's the point? There's not enough time to do much so why bother? At first I agreed with that line of thinking. I realized, however, that would would be wasting the precious time I did have. Four months is still a lot of time so why should I linger when I could be enjoying every minute of it!

So I decided to plunge right in and enjoy myself with some change. I started by rearranging my living room furniture. Granted, the packers will be here in 3 1/2 months to take my furniture away, but a change of environment seemed good at the time, so I did it. Here's a picture of my new living room:





I didn't change much really. I just swapped the locations of the chair and loveseat. That may not seem like much of a change to you, but to me it makes a ton of difference! The chair can actually be used now, and moving the loveseat away from the windows brought in more light and all the open window space makes the room seem bigger. Plus, it just feels more comfy this way!

I wanted to share this with you because I hope it will encourage you in some way. Maybe you're facing a time-limited option but you're thinking about not following through, feeling there's not enough time so it's pointless. Or maybe you're wanting a change but unsure about it -- just try changing one or two things and see what a differnce that can make. We have to rethink our thinking!! I'm so glad I went ahead with my rearrangement despite my thoughts and my time limits....I LOVE my living room and so does my family and isn't that what matters most? It's about the joy you have and the joy of your loved ones that's really important! We can't let wrong thinking or time limitations rob of us the joy God wants us to have.

Hoping you'll take a plunge towards new thinking and joy today....Liana

1 People had something to say:

Susie said...

Love the new look-the blog and the living room. I think I'll do a little changing around in my living room too. I haven't liked it's arrangement since I moved in 3 months ago. Glad you are back blogging!