What are you wearing?

Thursday, August 28, 2008

I don't know about you, but I worry about what I'm going to wear each day. I want to make sure I look nice, neat, and thin in whatever I put on. Many times my outfit is dictated by the event, the weather, or my mood. Regardless of those things, though, my overall goal is to have a pleasing appearance to the world.

To accomplish my goal takes time and effort -- and a lot of it! So much so, that at times I think I worry too much about my appearance and what I'm wearing. As I pondered that thought, I was reminded of two Bible verses that helped put my misguided worries into the proper perspective.

Colossians 3:12,"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."
Galatians 3:27, "...for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ."

Faced with the truth of God's Word I had to question myself: Liana, what are you wearing? Based on my earlier statements, it's obvious how I'd have to answer that question! I need to shift my efforts and worries from my outer appearance and make sure that I'm dressing myself with heavenly clothing first and foremost.

Now when I look in the mirror and fuss about what necklace I should wear, or what shoes match my outfit best, I'm going to stop and make sure that before I finish my earthly attire that I am clothed with the spiritual outfits God wants me to wear. They came with a hefty price tag, why should I keep them in the closet? Plus, I know that wearing them would speak volumes to the world.

3 People had something to say:

The Glow Girls said...

Hi Liana,
I so glad you are back blogging. I"ve read all your post and I'm up to date. We have moved out east to flordia ready to take on a new adventure of our lives. Adjusting is huge , especially for me. I'm glad your back writing and blogging. Can't wait to read your next book and post.

Wimberley said...

Liana~
Love that last paragraph... "spiritual outfits"... such clever wording and something we girls can all relate to...
keep writing... i can't wait to read what's next!
did i mention.... I MISS YOU!!
hope your having a great week... praying for ya & the family

Terri Seaman said...

Liana-

Loved this post. It is such a truth, yet one thought so little about. Thank you for putting it out there in such an eloquent manner.

Take care!
Terri