Busy, Busy, Busy

Sunday, September 21, 2008

This upcoming week is one that I face with mixed emotions. It is the start of a month-long journey that I am not sure I'm ready to undertake. Mind you, it's nothing bad....it's just BUSY!!

My family and I will leave on Tuesday for a week-long beach holiday in Malaysia. (it's China's National Day holiday, their celebration on becoming the communist People's Republic of China. With 1.3 billion people all celebrating together, wouldn't you get out of town too?) When we come back to China, my dad will visit us for 2 1/2 weeks. While he's here I'm going to take him to several different cities within China that he did not see on his last visit in 2007. In addition to my travels I have 3 writing assignments due and a party to celebrate my daughter's 11th birthday. Wow - just writing it out makes me exhausted!!

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to it all, but at the same time I feel a huge amount of pressure to get it all accomplished. I feel like I am going to be going 100 mph and juggling different plates while doing so. I will be leaving my family for the first time for an extended period of time, spending an unusual amount of one-on-one time with my father, and trying to stay disciplined with my writing. I know God can give me the strength to handle whatever comes my way, so I'm praying for help with all of it. However, I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster from excitement to dread to uncertainty, and the ride is taking off. From my point of view I'm strapped in and there's no turning back...

With everything going on I'll probably be out of the loop for awhile. But you never know what God may show me during this next month, and you know me, I can't keep from sharing all that God teaches me! So check back in because I may just surprise you!!

For now, I take a long breath and prepare for the journey ahead.

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

0 People had something to say: