One more list...

Friday, September 11, 2009

Since my last post was about my list of governing values, I thought I would continue the pattern and share another one of my lists (I promise no more lists any time soon!).

Today, I want to share with you the top 5 people I would love to spend an hour with. Why? Because I think it's important to have other people to look up to, to learn from. I mean if Joshua had Moses, Jonathon had David, and Timothy had Paul, why shouldn't you and I have someone in our lives as well?

So, in no particular order, here are the 5 people I would LOVE to visit with, and a short reason why I chose them:

1. Kay Arthur -- My all-time favorite Bible teacher (trust me, Beth was a close second); her depth and insight blow me away!
2. Kay Warren -- She may be best known as Rick Warren's wife, but I'm more impressed with her heart to help those in need in Africa
3. John Maxwell -- I love his leadership ideas and his desire to help people become all that they can be
4. Joyce Meyer -- Her practical Bible teaching has helped me become victorious in everyday life
5. Roger Federer or Serena Williams -- besides being GREAT tennis players, their mental toughness on the courts is something I could definitely benefit from!

So there you have it. My list of "role models". What about you? Who would you spend an hour with if you could? Have you ever stopped to think about it? I would love to know who you would spend some time with!

By the way, in just a few weeks I will be meeting with one of the five people I mentioned above! Seriously! Check back in a few days and I'll let you know who, what, when, where, why, and how -- stay tuned!!


1 People had something to say:

Unknown said...

Joyce Meyer and John Maxwell would be 2 of mine too!