Quietness

Saturday, November 25, 2006

It's hard to believe it has been almost a month since I last posted a blog. It's not that I have been THAT busy.....I don't have that much responsibility or that overactive of a social life! I think the reason I have not written anything is because I have been dormant. Let me explain. I wanted this blog to be a site where I could share the things God has taught me or pass on messages from the field trip of life. But somewhere along the way, I got off the road. I don't think I knew I was off the beaten path, I just sort of veered off and kept driving without checking my rearview mirror. At first I didn't understand what was going on, why I was feeling and acting the way I was. When I finally decided to cry out to God, that is when He encouraged me through the mirror of His Word. As always, God didn't mix words. He was very clear about what had happened to me...my heart did not stay on the right path (Prov. 23:19) and I did not let my eyes keep to His ways (Proverbs 23:26). The result has been a dormancy and an isolation; a quietness so to speak. In my quietness there was nothing to say or share either. Thus, there were no blog postings.

I wish I could say I was back on the right track completely. I am working my way back to the main road, but sometimes when you drive off so far in the dark, there are more twists and turns in the road than you realize. But I know that God desires restoration within me, and I will get there. I hope you can understand why I haven't written in awhile. I needed to explain because I didn't want you to think that I don't finish what I start or that I was too busy to write! Thanks for understanding. And please don't feel sorry for me or have pity on me....I don't. There are always consequences for our behaviors and our choices...God has made that clear to me as well.

I look forward to the day when God will fill my heart with new words to share with you. When He does, I'll let you know!! For now, I journey on knowing that all of this will be for His glory and my good. I pray we'll talk again soon.

0 People had something to say: