What I miss most

Sunday, April 29, 2007

While I was writing my blog yesterday I was thinking about each of you. It was Sunday night here in China, which would have been your Sunday morning. I figured most of you were getting ready to go to church or maybe, if you don't go to church or if you go to church on Saturday, you were sitting down with a cup of coffee reading the Sunday paper. That thought sparked a memory for me. One of my favorite things to do on a Sunday morning was to look through all the flyers that came with the paper. I'd pick out my favorites (Target, Wal-Mart, etc) and then lounge on the couch looking through them for 30 minutes or so. Thinking of that made me think about a few of the other things I miss while living here in China....

1. Going to the library and checking out books.
2. A disposal & running an orange or lemon through it to make your sink smell better.
3. Going to a movie theater to watch a movie & buying a popcorn & coke to go with it.
4. Getting in my car & driving myself to the grocery store (or anywhere for that matter).
5. Watching HGTV.

The purpose of this post was not to complain...I enjoy my life here very much! I just didn't realize how much I took for granted those types of simple, everyday privileges. I am blessed that one day I will get to do all that again, but I know that I will have a greater appreciation each time I am able to do them. Unfortunately it took moving half way around the world to realize this....Lord, I pray that I will have a heart that never forgets and that I will always appreciate the blessings and privileges you allow us, even in the simplest things.


P.S. I didn't list family and friends on this list because that is a given!!

1 People had something to say:

Susie said...

I definitely take those things for granted. When you come stay with me I will let you run lemons through my disposal at will, I'll have the Victoria Advocate on hand, HGTV on the tube, treat you and Clint to a movie and popcorn, and you can go to Victoria's new HEB Plus to do all my grocery shopping for me. Can't wait to see you, and Ashley and Annie are so excited.