God's Not So Great Timing

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Okay, I know God has perfect timing, but I don't understand how that works sometimes. For almost 3 years I have asked God to bring along someone to be a "heart friend" to me here in China. I have several wonderful "heart friends" back home in the States, those that know me well and in whom I have common interests and heart. And although those U.S. "heart friends" are near and dear to me, it helps to have someone physically present with you. So I have begged, pleaded, and asked God to bring me someone like that. Of course, He has said no. I'm not really happy with that answer, but I have learned to deal with it. That is until recently.

In August of this year I met two wonderful ladies who I have come to know and admire. They are in my Ladies Bible study, have kids my daughters' age, and love some of the same things I enjoy. What little time I have had with them these past few months has been a breath of fresh air. Except now I'm leaving. What's with that Lord?

Of course, these ladies know I'm leaving and they are hesitant to invest too much in a friendship. We joke about "what could have been" if I were to have stayed. But the fact is I leave in less than 30 days; 30 days full of crammed pack busy-ness.

I could be bitter and angry about all this, but what would be the point? It would only waste what little time I have left here and that's not how I want to spend my last few days in China. What I can do, however, is be grateful for the few months of friendship I did have with these precious ladies and began praying like crazy that God would give me those friendships again in Germany, this time without waiting sooooo long to bring them around. Who knows, there may be a lady in Germany praying for me right now. God can bring about those type of arrangements. His timing is perfect you know.

1 People had something to say:

Susie said...

I am so sorry you have to leave these new friends, but I think you are right about someone new in Germany. I will pray for a heart friend for you there. I'll pray for several and that it will happen quickly this time.

Wish you were coming back here instead, but I'm glad that my heart friend is only an email away. Love you!