Can I cry on your shoulder?

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

There are many things in life that make me cry, but it seems this week is my non-stop crying fest. I'm mourning the death of my beloved dog of 16 years, and now I have to say good-bye to the people and the place I've come to know and love for 2 1/2 years. You'd think with all my crying, my tears would be dried up by now, but they're not. They seem to pour out at any moment. Just thinking about saying good-bye makes me cry! Can you imagine what it will be like when I actually do say zai-jian (good-bye in Chinese)? Add to all this that I'm coming down with a sinus infection/cold, and you can probably guess my emotional state right now. Can I just cry on your shoulder for a moment?

I know that mourning lasts for a night and joy comes in the morning, but I'm not sure which morning that will be. I still have 10 days of good-byes. God give me strength to get through them. Of course, finding that box of kleenex somewhere in my house would be helpful too!

1 People had something to say:

Susie said...

Liana, you can certainly cry on my shoulder anytime. Good-byes STINK! Praying for you friend, and knowing God is going to bring joy soon. Love ya!